Difference Between a Part and a Toolbox Part

I would like to know what the concrete difference is between a classic part and a Toolbox component.

I ask the question because I took a screw from Toolbox, that I "saved as" a new name in a lambda folder, and despite having deleted all its properties (document and configuration), changed the name of the config, the nomenclature option,... in the Feature Manager of my assembly, this part always appears with the Toolbox logo and not a classic part.

And what is starting to annoy me is that when I open the assembly containing it, I get a message "The size of the Toolbox component... " (see image).

Thank you for your help

:)

screenshot459.jpg
1 Like

salut@Benoit

in reality it's your part that still has the function of tool box, I have already asked a similar question where there is a manipulation to do in the properties of the document so that it turns back into a part and no longer have the screw icon

2 Likes

http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/solidworks/affichage-l-arborescence

it's a matter of utility.... it may work for component functions

2 Likes

And where is your question? :)

2 Likes

The problem is always a toolbox component even if you think you break the links

so if you change his name he doesn't know who he is anymore so don't find anything

The best way is to make your own hardware from your personal folder file

and work with it

@+......

3 Likes

Hello

SolidWorks has created a utility to remove references from the Toolbox: sldsetdocprop.exe

It is located in the SolidWorks installation folder, in the ToolBox Data folder.

You add all the files you want in the window that opens, and it turns them into a non-toolbox!

You have to set the "Property State" to "No"

Indeed, the ToolBox properties are intrinsic to the file and invisible to us, simple SolidWorks users!

Edit: I just saw that SEPM. Gerald: SW 2013/14 was faster with his link!

2 Likes

see this link which may give you a walkthrough

http://forum.solidagora.com/topic2724.html

@+ ................

Here is the file that cleans the toolbox parts for the extracts:

for 2014 version

sldsetdocprop.exe
1 Like

Well, I'm annoyed, I can't find it.

And the .exe file is not enough @SEPM. Gerald. There are dll missing.

The toolbox is on the server and no way to find this .exe :/

1 Like

See this link

http://www.leguide3d.com/profiles/blogs/comment-rompre-les-liens-avec-la-toolbox

@+.........................

1 Like

So a false lead 

to see if in the d install disc there is a way to recover this type of file by repairing

2 Likes

I think we'll leave it at that, I'll redo my pieces, because we haven't been left with this tool available.

There are really some !! And it says he is an experienced SW 'n Co dealer... I'm not talking about Axemble, don't worry, but about another reseller not of the same level!!

A phrase that is starting to rise in the hit

SW is still a great team of

more gifted at selling than at doing something technically accomplished.

@+..................; -))

Want a component library? I can stick one in the mycad tomorrow if you want?

2 Likes

@gt22, I'm not talking about SolidWorks, but one of their resellers, with no experience or desire.

1 Like

Otherwise tell us the missing DLL files, it must not have 50 miles.

1 Like

No it'll be okay thank you @SPEM. Gerald.

@valentin, I'm attaching the image of the first DLL. Thank you:)

screenshot460.jpg

Already the first

implode.dll
1 Like

and if your Tool Box part you save it by checking the copy under box

and you replace it in your assembly

1 Like

Well, I put the .dll file in a new folder with the .exe and it doesn't work. Obviously he can't find it, he puts the same message as yesterday. Do we have to respect a relative tree structure in relation to the .exe?

@nicolas.vialle69

If you talk about the "Save copy as" checkmark when you do a "Save-as", it has only one function:

• if you leave it unchecked, your new file will be on your screen when the record is validated, and will replace your old file (original file) wherever it was used in assemblies opened in your SolidWorks session
  • If you check it, your new file will be saved, but as soon as it is closed, and on your screen, when the registration is validated, you will see your original file. Your assemblies opened in your SolidWorks session will not be impacted.

So if you are talking about this option, it has no influence on my problem.