Is it possible to control a dimension according to the presence of a part in the assembly?

Hi all

I have created an assembly in which I find the std elements as well as the options.

In this assembly, is it possible to assign 2 different values to a dimension: 1 without the presence of the option and 1 with the option.

In other words, when I put the option in the deleted state I would like the rating to be x1 and when the option is not in the deleted state the rating is x2.

Is it possible to fly this hill? If so, how?

Thank you all in advance!!

1 Like

Hello

Could you illustrate your question please?

1 Like

What do you mean by an option? Configuration? Properties?

2 Likes

example:

if your dimension 1 or 2 cocorrespond to a piece length

and that you create a plan for each of the pieces

so extrusion to the plane

the room will conform to the shift of your plans

give an example via screenshots it will be + simple to give you X walkthrough

There is no problem, there are only solutions

@+ ;-)

4 Likes

You will see in the screenshot a part in blue: oxy as an option that I display in the 3D or not depending on the customer request.

I would like to control the 70mm center distance here:

- If blue part is in non-deleted condition then center distance = 350mm

- Otherwise center distance = 70mm

assemblage_aa.jpg

Hello

I think the easiest way would be to make two configurations, one with the part and the 70 dimension and the other without this part with the 350 one. All you have to do is make a catation in the assembly as if you would do it in the drawing...

If the part with the bolt moves according to the deletion of the blue part, the dimension made in the assembly will automatically follow...

2 Likes

In this case, you can create configurations in your room where the holes are made, make a drilling function per configuration. Then, in your assembly , create a configuration with the part deleted and not deleted, and then choose the configuration of the part with the holes to associate 

1 Like

Question How is your bracket fixed?

See attached.

2017-02-02_at_17-28-54.mp4
1 Like

And...

assemblage.zip

You can also use Smart Fasteners

See this tutorial Toolbox and Smart Fastener

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/toolbox-et-smart-fasteners-sw

@+ ;-)

Thank you all for your answers!

Indeed, I thought of making derived configurations to get the result, the problem is that I already have 70 configurations.

In these 70 configurations, I must be able to display or not the blue piece that moves the center distance.

So if I make two configurations for each case I'll have 140 configurations...

Unless I misunderstood what you are proposing to me.

I was looking for an alternative solution because with 70 config it already lags quite a bit ...=)

See also this tutorial

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/composants-intelligents

@+ ;-)

gt22: the angle is bolted on the PEI

visually we don't have the impression that your IPE is pierced

I don't understand why you will double your configurations, you just select the derived configuration for each assembly configuration.

70 assembly jams --> 1 part condition per bundle

#

140 blend jams

Edit: Ok, display or not by assembly configue... DSL

2 Likes

Hello

Otherwise, simply drill holes in your assembly, use the extrusion function twice and select, depending on your configuration with or without part, sub-configurations that correspond to the different between axes.

2 Likes

See attached...

2017-02-03_at_12-17-30.mp4
2 Likes

Otherwise you have to mix configuration state value = delete properties value (0 or 1) --> condition for conditional formula and external references. See attached a short video that explains all this:

Here are some of my tutorials on configurable parts with custom properties:

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/import-export-formats-neutres/piloter-des-dimensions-avec-les-propri%C3%A9t%C3%A9s-personnalis%C3%A9es-de-pi%C3%A8

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/import-export-formats-neutres/pi%C3%A8ce-param%C3%A9trable-avec-les-propri%C3%A9t%C3%A9s-personnalis%C3%A9es

Edit: This solution can't work because the value of the center distance depends on whether or not the part is deleted, so there is only one choice available per state. Make a custom property for assembly associated with an external reference for drilling. And drive all of that with the custom properties pane .

2017-02-03_at_14-32-48.mp4
2 Likes

And...

nouveau_dossier_compresse.zip