Inability to create a symmetry of functions in an assembly?

Hello everyone,

Here is my PB: in a fairly simple assembly I am trying to achieve a symmetry of function but the software does not offer it. There is a linear and circular network but no symmetry...

A solution?

Thank you

sym.docx

Hello

You have to edit the part to make a symmetry in an assembly.

AC Cobra,

I can't edit the part because the extrusion function is done in the assembly and not on a clean part.

What function do you want to symmetrical??? Have you tried to symmetrize the sketch??? And if not, can you join the room and tell me what function do you want to symmetrical?

I want to symmetrize the set of functions in blue.

I was able to make a cicular network for the 5 holes located on the horizontal, but how do I do it for those located on the slope?

sym.docx

Assembly

spc-030a-cu200-1_fond_entree_axiale.sldasm

Try to see this.

symetrie_de_fonction.jpg

See this tutorial

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/les-differentes-symetries-danssolidworks

you will have to find the answer to your problem

@+

Thanks, it seems like that, however I can't find in my menu this function you used...

I found it but it's greyed out and I can't use it !!? See doc

sym.docx

In fact you have to display the assembly tab and then like the attached file...

symetrie_de_fonction.jpg
1 Like

Expand the icon just to the left of the screen print you made for me...

and no I don't have it... I have a similar icon next to it, but grayed out!!

sym.docx

Otherwise it's a hack but when you edit your functions, you can share them piecemeal. After doing all this, you open your piece and you try symmetry in it and if it doesn't work, you do a material removal by cutting your piece in 2, removing the part without the holes, then you make a symmetry of the body in the part.

Are you up to date with the versions??? Maybe it's a  bug that has been fixed. For the 2016 it's the SP3 and the others it's the SP5. To be seen from this side...

Indeed it looks like a hack!!! Is it very surprising to have this icon greyed out!!

Otherwise on the overall assembly I have another problem (still on extrusion in the assembly), namely that the material removal operation is done but you can't see anything on the screen (see doc)... hallucinatory!!!

And if I do this extrusion on another part of the assembly, it works...

I find it strange that my tank has bluish edges?

sym.docx

At the bottom of your file there are all the components and you have to click the selected components and there you click on your ferrule.

sym_2_manu.docx

yes I had tried that but without results....

sym_2.docx

See PJ

sym_2_manu.docx

I just tried, but I think I have a problem on my ferrule because there is absolutely nothing we can do on this part...

I finally made the opening flat 'on the unfolded piece... It works.

On the other hand, there are no solutions for the background!!?

Hello.

If you do insertion-assembly function-symmetry, it doesn't work?

sans_titre.png