FLEX Parameter

I used the FLEXION function.

From the tree view, when I double click on this same function, only a few parameters appear: the bending angle and the distances of the adjustment planes.

I would like to act on the radius parameter and then especially the position of the center of the "trihedron" (on this last parameter I want to put an equation that positions it in the middle of the length of the part)

Anyone have an idea?

flexion.doc

Hi @ flegendre

look at this tutorial maybe you'll find the solution

http://forum.solidagora.com/post6104.html?hilit=flexion#p6104

@+ ;-)

Hello

An uncoordinated system must be added to position the trihedron.

And then, we can manage the positioning of the trihedron.

2 Likes

Hello

As @opiep27 says, to position in the center you just have to create a coordinate system in the center of the part (see my attached file in SW2013) and use it in the trihedron box, on the other hand put the Z of this trihedron in the axis of the length of the part.

Regarding the radius and the angle, they are both controllable but one modifies the other.

Otherwise I think it is better that you use the Deformation function in curve-to-curve mode if you want to have a precise arc for the deformation (I can make you a file in 2013).

@+

flexion.sldprt
4 Likes

bad luck when you're in SW2012......

I tested the DEFORMATION function (although I liked the idea): but I have a rebuild error

And the flexion, I don't understand why he doesn't want to do it to me anymore.....

Help.....

test_piece_2.sldprt

Bending works. You may need to check the direction of bending. I didn't connect to the question for the axis maybe.

test_piece_2.sldprt

@opiep27: you can put the sldprt file in a zip because otherwise I can't recover the file.

it can be done

test_piece_2.rar

The direction of bending is good. But if you respect the radius of 20000 and the adjustment plans at 500 (for the 2): it doesn't work anymore.....

to check

test_piece_2__r20000_plan.rar
1 Like

I don't understand, it doesn't work for me, yet I did the same thing as you....................
Worse, if I edit the bending in the piece you made for me.............. I have an error!!!!

I'm in SW2012 SP5: it smells like a "bug"

I'm also in sw2012 SP5.0...

And by changing stations?

Hi @ flegendre

Did you watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=n_hve2ocZfw

I think it's all there

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To try

for the radius of curvature (in red)

make a line offset at the height of your neutral fiber and dimension it via arc dimensioning the 2 end points + the line add points if necessary

for the position dimension of the trihedron (in red)

On this line which is offset and which is at the axis of your piece you put a point that you can dimension

@+ ;-)

Re

For me you have to use the distorted function which works very well on my 2013 SP5 version.

What error message do you get?

@+

deforme.jpg
2 Likes

The error is "creating an invalid body" (under SW2012 SP5.0)

The "DEFORMER" function does not deform the individual fixing holes?

test_piece_2-deforme.sldprt
1 Like

flegendre

12 December, 2013 - 15:21 | /!\ Report abuseThe error is "creating an invalid body" (under SW2012 SP5.0)The "DEFORM" function does not deform the various fixing holes?icône application/octet-streamtest_piece_2-deforme.sldprt

IF you want the holes to warp with the warp tool

you have to side the axis and the perimeter of the hole and especially no radius or diameter

@+ ;-)

Be careful, your two curves that are used for deformation are not of the same length!

@+

3 Likes

I put the same length back on the 2 curves.... same problem!!

I don't want any deformation of all the machining on my part.

In fact, I machine and I make the corner cuts on the right bar and then I "bend" it

So you create a banal rectangle thickness x piece with your finished sides including your hanger at the desired sides

Because of this you have your curved lengths inter exter + straight parts

which gives you the length of bending that you subtract for the inner fiber from the initial length of your straight piece

The result you divide it into x part to make your angular cuts, you will only have to join these lines + you will have more cutting the more acceptable the handlebars will be

@+