Sharing

Hello

I want to share a lot of documents (assemblies, parts, drawings), so a lot of solidworks directories and subdirectories.
I want this sharing to be only advisory, that is to say that the people to whom I authorize the sharing will not be able to copy or exploit my documents, just a consultation.

If someone could guide me on one or more solutions, I would be very grateful.

In the meantime, I wish you a pleasant day.

JeanArtemis

Small mistake on my part, I'm on Solidworks, I see that it says " 3Dexperience "...
[Moderator Note: This is corrected directly on the title label]

When you talk about sharing, what are you talking about?
Internal network (server?)
User / user? (On the same PC)
Via a platform (Internet?)

1 Like

I don't see how it would be possible to share native SW plans (MEP, parts and assemblies) without the possibility of copying (only consultation.)
The only solution is to go through another format.
This format for me is edrawing.
On the other hand, you have to export the assembly part and MEP, or just the main assembly and MEP depending on your needs.
Edrawing is, it seems to me, the only way to guarantee confidentiality (and even then it is possible to redraw if measure allowed).
In SW native, everything remains copyable and no copy protection solution, unless new or otherwise advised!

2 Likes

Thank you for answering me.
We have onedrive to communicate but it can simply be a copy of folders and files on a usb key or via the internet...

Contacted with whom?
The customer?
The subcontractor?
To what end? (validation, suggestion, production...)

OneDrive and USB sticks are the Zero level of computer security...
I advise you " at the very least " to go for a localized FTP (Filezilla style).

The computer scientist of your company should know this kind of software, I find your request ... strange... Are you an individual? (In the sense of self-employed, not in the sense :crazy_face:... (just kidding of course)...) ?

1 Like

Hello Maclane,

I am a technical trainer in the industrial field.
In fact, I don't want my work to be exploited by others.
I want my work to be available for viewing (screenshot).

it's to communicate with colleagues.
I do not want my work to be directly used for anything other than advisory purposes.

Why not use Edrawing exports to show your 3D and MEP in this case?

2 Likes

Solution 1:
Edrawing (files can still be copied shared but not usable as such, because they cannot be modified)
Solution 2:
3Dexperience also seems appropriate for collaborative sharing (in different formats) and without having tested it for my part
Solution 3:
Pdf with expiration date if needed:
https://updf.com/fr/knowledge/expiring-pdf/

2 Likes

Solution 3 bis: 3D pdfs

1 Like

Regarding 3D PDFs, it's pretty good but the colors are not always there.
For the other solutions I don't really know because never used.

In any case, thank you for your different solutions that I will look at more closely

I'll see what we can do with Edrawing viewer...

It remains to be seen if I can share my documents only under Edrawing or see how to save all my documents at once in Edrawing format

Hello
I would lean towards sharing in read-only mode and publishing in eDrawing format.
Otherwise (if you leave the SW files), if the user has SW he can have it saved under on his computer.

1 Like

Be careful, UPDF is paid and on subscription except for companies purchase for life but quite expensive.
You can't restrict access to pdfs without an app that knows how to handle this kind of need.
Tip: have good intrusion protections and other crap

Thank you for your help...
Edrawing is fine with me.
I saved an assembly in Edrawing and it's ok.
When you say " sharing in read-only mode and publishing in eDrawing format", how do you do it?

ok but if paid it won't do it...
Thank you for your support

You can set up your shared folder so that the user can't edit.
For example, on OneDrive: right-click on the folder, then " Manage access ".

FYI, in the eDrawing file export options, you can activate the measure mode or not.

1 Like