MEP weight

Hello

I'm working on a complex assembly, and when I create a MEP of this assembly with two views: a side view and a cross-sectional view, about thirty dimensions and as many annotations, my MEP takes about 5 minutes to save, 5 minutes to open, 5 minutes to create a layer and weighs more than 100MB. While my Assemblage itself weighs only 60MB and takes 2 minutes less to open / register???

I peeeeeee a caaaableeeeeee... I feel like I spend more time waiting than time working!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really want to scream, too bad I'm in an Open-Space...

The first one who manages to make me spend less time waiting than working, I put up a poster of him in my room;p

1 Like

EDIT: not to mention the times when it takes so long to load that the application crashes, like it just did to me 10 seconds ago... HAAAAA

2 Likes

Hello

Have you tried one registered under  a different name?

Same problem?

3 Likes

Yes, any name... Even if I create another MEP, it does the same thing when I insert two views... I need to do about 7-8 MEP with cross-sectional views...

1 Like

So first of all, if you have shaded image views, don't put them in high quality (in the left pane)

Then in your options,  document property in the image quality tab set a little bit lower if you can.

Then finally, you can go to system options, performance, and lower some values too.

qualite.png
2 Likes

You're in 2014 I bet?

I have the same problems of slowness when opening large files....

See the 2015 version if there are improvements at this level =)

2 Likes

Shouting in an open space is not necessarily a problem, it all depends on the relationship you have with your colleagues... :) a method proven in the past, and virally :D

Well, seriously.

I seem to have already mentioned with you the Speedpak configurations (I don't know in detail for which problem, sorry ;( ) but it could be a solution as long as you know which surfaces and parts to keep for your dimensions.

Drawing should be faster, as well as editing.

What do you think?

3 Likes

Wouldn't you have several display states too?

Because once, when switching to a MEP, the file was huge in size compared to the assembly. And that came from a display state.

2 Likes

Good evening

Another clue: there are no files from an import (step, iges, parasolid,...)?

@+

1 Like

Hi @ Joss

Your problem at the base I think and I've already told you in much older positions

I think it's your building import that is in surface

and all your problems come from there in my opinion 

both your problems with building sections,

your rooms that you want to see up, under your structures, and so on................... etc................

you should be able to pass the whole thing in volume and in part and, assembly

to make your life easier

well that's my idea, it's what it is

@+ ;-))

3 Likes

So, @Bart, yes, I'm on sw2014:( I also heard a lot that 2014 was struggling with large files...

@opiep, yes, I have display states (5 in total :s) do you think that's it?

@Coyote, yes, my entire building comes from a SAT and STEP import:(

@gt22, yes, I think like you, this building really screws up the shit:( And then there are a lot of little extra things that accumulate as I go along , the PB is that I can't pass everything in surface and then in pieces because I still have to work on it, the deadline is coming soon and I don't master the surface at all it may take me a time that I really don't have :-(

@Benoit, yes, we had already talked about speedpack configs together but it didn't suit me at the time... Today, it would suit me if I didn't have to rate my collectors in relation to the building, which, as mentioned, is a WWTP import and which is probably the cause of my worries ... Basically, I can use speedpack but it won't change much because the only elements I have to side are the ones that put the flock in my assembly :-/

Afterwards, for the moment, I have reduced SW's performance as much as possible, I have diamonds instead of my rounds but it's already moving a little faster... I'll see what happens next...

EDIT: If I shout from the open space tt what my autocradian colleagues will say is "you see, it's s**** Solidworks, we told you so... "And I don't want to hear that right now;p

2 Likes

Can you give us the building file?

Sometimes, surface problems can be solved with a lot but it's true that you have to know/be able to look where .

1 Like

Well, my frame is even bugging lynkoa... It's been 1/2 hour that it's been stuck on this...

bugggggg.png
1 Like

Well, you answer them "draw me a hyperbolic parabola and you give me its 3d representation in pdf for example:p

On autocad I think it's more difficult than on SW^^

1 Like

Wouldn't your disuqe be a bit long?

No particular worries other than Solidworks?

1 Like

I'm reacting to the edit of your penultimate post: I understand you, I'm in the same case, I'm expected to be charged with buckshot that I admit that SW is not perfect (but I won't give in, there are other explanations to provide), and they are not autocradians...

In your case, and given the state of progress of your case, not sure it's worth looking any further. If you come to the end of your case, suffer a little more and move on. Let's say we manage to get a file in volume (to see after how many hours...) you will have to rework your assembly because it will have lost all its references!

On the other hand, you have to make a "procedure" (well the ugly word) for the next cases. Define the ideal file format (STEP, parasolid, IGES) and the options you need (especially volume). Or assume that you have to trace your building every time.

3 Likes

@Bart, no, no other worries :-/ I have a good PC, my company asked Axemble what they had best for Solidworks, they took it...
And for the Hyperbolic parabola, if I say that, the guy will answer me "Well I don't care, here we draw sheaths, not Parabolas... Change jobs if you want to show off with your software that doesn't work"... ^^

@Benoit, Yes, I think I'm going to bite my fingers a little more, and then I'm going to the whole thing... I started to make a "Procedure" for the next time, it's true that I was launched on the subject without knowing too much about it at the beginning, as a result, I made a lot of mistakes that have an impact today, it makes me a little annoyed because today, I don't have time to start all over again, I feel like I've done a pig's job...

3 Likes

That's it, concretely, it's this framework that bothers me.

The rest of the building is much less of a problem for me...

charpente_batiment_lynkoa.zip
1 Like

Unfortunately, most of us started out like that. You will find the working method that works well as you go along.

1 Like

yes I understand your concern and the look of your autocradian colleagues who in their little heads

from skateboarder to drawing this rejoice in your struggle 

to you poor weirdos officonados of real parametric 3D

Your file is basically an autocrad you have to clean it up before export

take a good look at the double lines that usually make a mess, the axis lines, the points that are useless on the 3D

Look at this link among other things

http://forum.solidagora.com/post15695.html?hilit=import%20autocad#p15695

@+ ;-))

1 Like