"sw-ground" properties in the welded part list

Hi all!

I want to add a default property in the list of welded parts but I don't know how to do it.
I do piping and I see that the length, the cutting angles, or the quantity are calculated automatically but not the weight...

On the screenshot, the result I would like to get by default. (see last line)

I work with SOLIDWORKS 2022 SP05

Thank you in advance!

Hello twathle,
I have the same version as you, in the properties of the list of welded parts, theoretically you have the possibility to add a column with the ground.
I can't take a screenshot because my pc is being processed.
=>https://help.solidworks.com/2022/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/c_Assigning_Custom_Properties.htm
@+.
AR.

1 Like

Hello @A.R,

I can actually add the column in the welded parts list template.
But for this column to fill up, PRP must exist in 3D...

Here is a second screenshot to illustrate

I made 1 piece with 2 bodies
My part model includes the weight of the part so it stands out at the top of the list.
but the bodies do not have this property, here the values 3.63 and 1.83 have been filled manually in the 3D by editing the property of each of the bodies

Hello twathle,
Yes sorry, we can add a line, in the " Property summary " tab, you should find the " mass ", then you have filled it in " Value/Text expression" related to SW, and that's it.
But afterwards you will have to svg your list of welded parts, but there I don't know how to do it...
There you go!!!
@+.
AR.
2024-08-19_154531

2 Likes

Re @A.R !

Indeed, these are all the stages I went through but I drank at the same point as you...
Solidworks is still as intuitive as ever and not intuitive at the same time!
These are the kind of options that seem simple but are nevertheless absent

Re twathle,
Well I'm looking at my side I have a little time, we'll keep informed, @+.
AR.

Re twathle,
Well I added a column in my " welded parts" nomenclature of my MEP, then I click on the column, then in the column properties I link the mass by checking the property of the column.
But I always know how to insert my modified nomenclature in my MEP.=>
2024-08-19_162935
And there you have it, @+.
AR

1 Like

Re twathle,
So I just found how to do it for my welded parts nomenclature by having previously added the column in my welded parts list and my MEP.
Here it is in picture=>
2024-08-19_164636
And here is also the small file that is fine=>
EssaiListePiécesSoudée.zip (1.9 KB)
@+.
AR.

1 Like

@A.R

This is the right method to customize the welded parts list template.
this " nomenclature " fetches the " mass " PRP of each body from the 3D
but the bodies in my 3D don't have this property...

In your case, how did you get the value 44 in the mass column of rep. 5?

Hello re-twathle,
If that's okay with you, then close the question ...=>
2024-08-19_170035
@+.
AR

Re-twathle,
To obtain the mass of each body, you have to enter it in the properties of the list of welded parts.
Then on your MEP you insert my file " essaiListePièces Soudées " for the general options, mentioned above in my answers.
@+.
AR.

@A.R
I understand the whole process but the problem is that I can't afford to fill in the properties of each body one by one.
Some of my pieces feature over 150 bodies!

Hence the topic of this thread, how to add the last line of this default capture to the creation of each mechanically welded body? like the length property.

To customize it is necessary to customize the soldered list properties file from memory:

https://help.solidworks.com/2021/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/c_Custom_Properties_in_Weldments.htm
Siinon see to modify the model part (I have a doubt between the 2 solutions)

1 Like

Hello @sbadenis

If I'm not mistaken, modifying the " welded construction properties file" allows you to have in a drop-down list the properties contained in this text file.
But they are not necessarily used by default.

On my screenshot, you can see that I added the " sw_masse " prp which is available in the drop-down menu but it is not used by default (like the " revision " or " origin " prp)

I'll try the second solution

Re twathle,
So here is how I put it in pictures
1 =>On your 3D
2=>On your MEP
3=>Svg your nomenclature under " EssaiListePièces Soudées.sldwldtbt "
4=>In your system options
2024-08-19_164636

That's it, I've skipped steps, I'll tell you tomorrow...
@+.
Good night.
AR.

Re @A.R !

My problem is having to fill in the masses manually in your first capture. (we agree that we are far from writing the weight manually, you just have to select the variable in the drop-down list but it's still an important number of clicks especially since it happens that I have parts with 150-170 bodies)
Especially since it is not necessary with the prp Length for which everything is done automatically...

No worries, they say that the night brings advice!
in any case thank you for the investment and the time spent :grin:

Hello

I just tested something on SW2023 and I think it's the same on all versions.
To propagate the ground in the list of welded construction bodies, you have to fill in the " WEIGHT " property (in my case) and associate the SW mass with it.
Initial state:

Adding ground to the properties of the welded construction function

The update is present in all listings.
I think then you can create a base model with just the build function welded into the model parameterized with the ground property and rolls.

2 Likes

Here is a Visiativ method for welded construction profiles:

For sheet metal bodies it's different:
https://help.solidworks.com/2021/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/c_Sheet_Metal_Properties.htm?format=P&value=

2 Likes

Hello @Cyril.f !
Thank you very much for your suggestion, it perfectly meets my need! (all you have to do is do that on all profiles)

I didn't know the first method. It is good but its disadvantage is that it remains a bit manual.

To summarize the solution:

1- Open the .sldlfp profile
2- add the desired property in the " Configuration Properties" tab
(here " SW_MASSE ")
3- Propagate this property to all configurations

4- You can check that everything is in order in the " Property Summary" tab

2 Likes

Hello

It can always be done by macro. I don't have the MyCADTool utilities but maybe Visiativ has developed something in this direction.

1 Like