What are the recommended notebooks for Solidworks 2016-2017 premium

Hello,

Having had all the information to assemble a desktop pc (pc in progress), I would like to know what are the recommended notebooks for Solidworks 2016-2017 premium  in terms of configuration?

John.

1 Like

It's desktop or laptop PC kif

so find a drinkable one that has the configue of the desktop pc

HP, Dell, IBM, MSI, Toshiba, etc......

See Workstation Laptops

@+ ;-)

4 Likes

Thank you for your information GT22.

I'm going to look at Dell what it offers.

John.

3 Likes

Hello,

Does anyone have any feedback on how to use solidworks on Mac?

John.

1 Like

SOLIDWORKS works exclusively with Windaube

which is not the case with a Mac

who + is to find a Mac with a frequency of mini 3.4 ghz .................... Hello

@+ ;-)

3 Likes

We should go more on a laptop or even a portable station.

I'm afraid that the notebooks are limited, both in terms of graphics and RAM etc...

At HP in station there is Zbook 17 and the more affordable Elitbook.

In the others I don't know...

Hi GT22,

Yes, indeed only with windows (windaube). I already have a macbook air with solidworks via a windows ssion, but as I planned to buy a Mac book pro for my work, I wanted to have the possible opinions of users.

John.

and yes dac so

you don't have a certified card

nor the proc that goes well with it 

After all, everyone does as they want

You don't have to believe me but it was made right here on the site and other dedicated solidworks site

Some part design comparison with certified workstations

See on this link among others http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/3d/nid-d-abeille

Some passes without any problem, others work or bug depending on the proc, the combination of components, the cards, etc....

for SW you need a pc with a high speed proc + cache in memory

well I don't know why I keep explaining since you don't listen

and it's not new

@+

2 Likes

WG22,

I understood well and always followed your advice and that of the site. I'm not stubborn or narrow-minded, but given that I'm going to have a latest generation Macbook Pro through my professional activities, I want to have the possible feeling, of possible solidworks users on a mac. However I am aware that it is not suitable for , but if for small projects, I can use it instead of having a backpack full of a macbook pro, laptop.... It would have helped me.

John.

Hello

A mac for occasional use and on small projects can do the trick with a DualBoot.

I have several clients who work like this but they are mostly designers who hardly do any assembly or maximum of 30 pieces.

@+

1 Like

Yes indeed, it will be for small projects during my travels, not requiring huge constraints in assembly...

Thanks to GT22, who is always concise in his answers and to you coyote. I'll install Solidworks on it and see...

John.

1 Like

Being Mac user and having played for a period with my macbook pro to draw one or two parts on site I remain unfavorable to its main use under windows, because it causes hardware disturbances, A mac under windaub it heats up and it's badly managed

As a result, I was lucky enough to have access to inventor light for mac (free !! ). This allows me to make pieces recorded in step and then convert in my station.

The latest MacPro are in the top of the range but the starter ones (where you start at 2000 and you have a mule)   

apart from the 15 inch i7 which alone can go up to 3.6Ghz it makes you pay the small sum of 3199€

@GT22 and for this price you have a nice workstation don't you.

at worst install a SW 2014 to draw the parts which will be less resource-intensive but forget the 30 parts in assembly because after 5 parts and real constraints the fan goes crazy.

And yet I'm a Mac Geek with all the graphics and sound suites on mac

3 Likes

@ Gérald  thank you for your feedback as a Mac user informed ;-) and relevant user

I confirm for 3200 € we have a nice beast to work under SW

Macs are perfect for graphic designers and musicians, there's no better  part, it's the refs in the field

As you are the give some explanation for the creation of your honeycomb sheet metal if you don't mind

or your PC was lagging despite your good configue 

To push the debate a little, I'm not sure that the test was tried by our interlocutor ;-)

I too would like to be able to have an IPAD PRO that supposedly runs SW but for the moment nothing really concrete in the field despite some commercial demonstrations which, like DAB, do not relate the reality at all

a choice must be made 

IF it's a tool to work so it must do the job. Bar

and for SW you need a workstation with a MAX proc speed, a certified graphics card, ram an ssd for operated and log and another for storage

thank you @+ ;-)

2 Likes

Hello and thank you all.

I'm going to follow your advice by using an old version than my SW  2016-2017 Premium, so as not to panic the fans of this macbook pro touchbar all just arrived this morning. Indeed GT22 and Gérald you have to pay a nice amount of money at apple to have performance. (3000 euros).

As for the workstation, I have already planned a PC (my workstation):

http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/import-export-formats-neutres/conseils-pour-assemblage-pc-solidworks-2016-et-ansys

I assimilated well, after reading and rereading all the information, that I needed a pc with speed, and dedicated graphics cards whether it was for Solidworks, ansys etc etc...

By comparisons who uses a laptop and from which brand, config?

John.

here @ blacknagata here is what you need less than 1 000€ guaranteed 6 months with docking station

http://www.microkdo.com/103-portables#/page-3

@+ ;-)

2 Likes

and if you want a PC a little + powerful you remove the 2 RAM of 4 giga and you replace them

by 2 of 8 giga

so 32 giga of ram

and you also buy another large capacity battery

With this PC you also have the possibility to add another hard drive instead of the DVD bay via a shopping cart

with this you will in theory be able to run smoothly without too much trouble ;-)

@+ ;-)

1 Like

Hello,

Indeed, I looked and would be very interested in addition to the Macbook Pro that I received a few days ago (for our other software used).

I could see that the graphics card is well dedicated to SW....

Thank you for everything GT22

John.

2 Likes

you don't think I'm going to recommend gear incompatible with SW

it would be the last straw

for the time that I have been trying in vain to explain the why and how

have a good evening give me news where you make the effort to buy it ;-)

and at this price I doubt you'll find anything better ;-)

@+ ;-)

1 Like

Gt22, Is it a reliable microkdo site?

Have you already ordered on it?

1 Like

@ Bart no problem on the pc ocasse sites that I recommend

microkdo; Mio; pc4you

it's reliable sites several people here and on other SW forums

we buy PCs, and are delighted

don't forget that a workstation PC is a tool made to run 24 hours a day

and having a workstation at 1/3 of the price is still appreciable

they are + guaranteed so no big risk it seems to me