Search for ISO standard profile library (square tube, pipe, angle / equal, ...)

Hi all

So, let me explain, it's going to be very simple. I changed my PC at work to have a more efficient one, I made a backup of all my files except... You can see the trouble coming... I haven't made a copy of my SolidWorks files... All the profiles I had spent hours creating have all disappeared into the depths of the IT premises.

I remember the path to these: " C:\Program Files\SOLIDWORKS Corp\SOLIDWORKS\lang\english\weldment profiles ".

I would like to know if someone would be kind enough to send me their file with all the profiles.

Typically, this is the kind of message I can get when I want to make changes to a 3D that I created on the old PC.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hello;

You can always try the Visiativ libraries:
https://mycad.visiativ.com/centre-de-ressource/produits?categories[0]=14241&categories[1]=14304&categories[2]=14302&categories[3]=14300&categories[4]=14309&categories[5]=14322&categories[6]=14279&categories[7]=14280&categories[8]=14298&categories[9]=14299&categories[10]=14311&categories[11]=14294&categories[12]=14242&categories[13]=14306&categories[14]=14308&biblio=&pages_search=2

But, this time, remember to save them in a new location...
(and to adjust the Solidworks options)

1 Like

Unfortunately I don't have a subscription.
I can't download the library

1 Like

Here are some of them (To be reworked, especially in terms of properties)...
=> Solidworks 2022 sp4.

Content of the *.ZIP file:

Mécanosoudé-2024.zip (25.0 MB)

Other profiles have been shared here:

And here too:

5 Likes

Unfortunately I may have downloaded it and unread it I have an error message.

I put the files in this way.

I get this error message.

Don't make the same mistake by putting them back in the same directory!!.
Moreover, it is limited, the amount of repertoire for profiles:
https://help.solidworks.com/2020/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/c_Profiles_and_Cut_Lists.htm

https://help.solidworks.com/2020/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/t_Weldments_Creating_a_Custom_Profile.htm

2 Likes

I must have a problem, I try to download the links in the conversations but impossible, nothing wants to download... I don't understand.

Some conversations are probably too old and the content is probably no longer available...

2 Likes

Even by creating a second file renamed " ISO V2 ".

I find it in the " Standars " section but when I select the type I always get this message.

I don't understand...

The " Type " Directory is missing
=> Standard/Type/file.sldlfp
Which version of Solidworks are you working with?

2 Likes

I'm on the 2021 version.

I don't understand why it doesn't work, I tried to put them in the new file by locating the directory in tools, but again it doesn't work.

Are we really talking about " Weldment Profiles " to obtain the profiles?

One clue maybe not the right version of SW:

2 Likes

FYI, the last @Maclane link is perfectly functional and also with configured profiles (see @flegendre links or @OBI_WAN ). For the other 2 link not tested.

2 Likes

I had to change browsers to be able to download the file it actually works.

But I think I know where the problem comes from.

The file is saved as " sldlfp " written in lowercase.

And the files I downloaded in the ZIP of @Maclane, are all the same but written in capital letters.

And this is rather logical I find when you see that all the original files in solidWorks are written in lowercase.

Hey, you use Solidworks in Z'anglais?..
The typography of the file roots is absolutely irrelevant to Solidworks (look at your parts and/or assemblies files to see for yourself).
But if it works, so much the better.

1 Like

That's for the moment the only difference I've seen between the files that work and those that don't...

Solidworks saves in uppercase memory and the solidworks exporator in lowercase (or vice versa), but either works in the same way.
I'm leaning more towards SW's version...

1 Like

Solidworks 2022 files are not compatible with previous versions.

… FYI;
Under Solidworks 2022, the basic profiles of Solidworks are arranged under:

C:\Program Files\SOLIDWORKS Corp\SOLIDWORKS\data\weldment profiles

(there is no notion of languages as suggested by your screenshots @naehu.beaubois ...)

2 Likes