Rebuild new configuration

Hello

For one of my articles I created a family of parts but I have a problem, more visual if I understood correctly, of reconstruction.
When I choose a new configuration, the automatic reconstruction is not done, visually I keep the same appearance as the previous configuration. And even when I do a reconstruction thanks to the button, nothing happens.
I need to open the equation manager , where I notice that the values of the configuration have updated, and close it so that then my part displays correctly.

What have you ever encountered this problem? And above all, do you have a solution please?

Thank you & Have a nice day.

1 Like

Hello

a small CTRL + Q doesn't work?

1 Like

Hello

See if it can  help you.  I have a macro that reconstructs all the conditions...

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/solidworks/macro-pour-valider-toutes-les-configuartions-dune-pièces

2 Likes

See this Piece Family tutorial

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/famille-de-pieces-solidworks

@+

a.leblanc non CTRL + Q doesn't work.

ac cobra 427, I just launched your macro it's been running for 10 min and it says "Don't respond" I'll see what it looks like because I have 140 configurations. But I'll probably have to stop it.

gt22 I have already watched this tutorial but it does not answer my question.

1 Like

Oh yes with 140 it's normal that she grinds a little. But I never had a problem with it, will you tell me what it was like with all these configurations???

1 Like

ac cobra 427 your macro just ended but unfortunately I still have my problem...

1 Like

if I understood correctly for it to work (solidworks help)

you have to be already open every configue in manu 

and SW takes into account the parameters of these said configues

See this link

http://help.solidworks.com/2013/French/WhatsNew/wn2013_Managing_Configuration_Data.htm

Configuration Data Management

For part and assembly templates that contain configurations, new options help you manage file sizes and the time it takes to save them. You can identify the configurations that you always want to keep up to date. You can purge data from cached configurations each time you save the model.

As in previous versions:

If a configuration has never been activated (for example, a configuration defined in a part family), only the essential configuration definition data is carried into the model. When you activate a configuration for the first time, the full definition of the configuration model data is generated. This complete dataset is updated and saved each time you save the document. By default, after the full dataset is generated, it remains available every time you open the model. Having this complete dataset readily available for one configuration can save a significant amount of time by switching from one configuration to another. However, for each configuration that you enable, the file size of the template increases, as does the time required to rebuild and save the file.

@+ ;-)

Following the post of gt22, I noticed that all my configurations have a checkmark cfgmgr_checkmark_green.gif so I guess that the macro of ac cobra 427 worked but did not solve my problem which seems very contradictory to me.

1 Like

And before the macro you didn't have the  checkmarkcfgmgr_checkmark_green.gif  ?

It's also true that 140 jams is huge according to the trainers at Axembles

it is not possible for you to divide this said family of rooms

so that it is less burdensome

Subject already mentioned it seems to me

@+

1 Like

I just checked, by closing and re-opening my file, indeed I already have the cfgmgr_checkmark_green.gif. But my problem persists.

I have functions that are activated according to the dimension values (e.g. a groove is activated when the diameter exceeds a certain value). But in a very contradictory way, when I click on another configuration, the values update (I see it in the equation manager) but very strangely the functions get wrong because according to the equations they should be activated but since on the model the values are not up to date, The functions cannot be applied.

I hope I'm clear enough...

1 Like

If you select all your configurations in your 3D, you can from a right click add the reconstruction for each configuration. Does this change anything?

2 Likes

Do you have any serial jams?

silly example of my par ;-)

i.e. if part diameter so much / hole diameter so much / option groove (yes/no)

Value Proportional Groove Diameter/ Groove Length Depends on the Hole Diameter

1 Like

a.leblanc so your macro works well I manage to have all the cfgmgr_checkmark_green.gif  for my configurations but my problem is still present. I tried the right click, it doesn't change anything either. Now I just restarted your macro by having right-clicked, I'll keep you informed.

GT22 indeed I have this kind of case in my configurations. To come back to your post I will try to divide my family of rooms.

1 Like

It is therefore quite possible that SW grinds a lot

To find walkthroughs 

and bites his own tail

@+

2 Likes

Hello

Is it in the equation manager that you have the errors or in the model.

If it's in the equation manager, did you check "Auto-solve order?"

If not, to update all configurations in a part family, click on any feature in the feature manager and click configure feature. At the bottom of the window, select Rebuild All Configurations.

1 Like

Well normally if you have the validation signs in front of each config it's because my macro has worked but it's the visual that doesn't follow??? Weird because the macro opens each config to validate it. There is perhaps a little bit of a bit of a sluggish sluggishness???.

1 Like

industrialcadservices when I read your post I immediately thought that this would solve my problem because I hadn 't selected this option but unfortunately not... And when I rebuild all the configurations, by right-clicking on a function in the featureManager, they rebuild but some are in red, which is like identifying where it is a problem but nothing more.

A.Leblanc I admit that here I may be a little over-outdone by my file because I don't understand how it's possible that in the equations the values are good but that they don't update in the parameters/dimensions of the sketches.

I'm already going to divide my family of parts to have lighter files and I may be able to better understand where my problem comes from and above all the tests will be shorter. I will get back to you a little later today with tests done but thank you all for your answers!

1 Like

I think you're confusing me with a.leblanc. ;-) Because a.leblanc didn't post a macro.. ^_^

1 Like