Perforated sheet metal

To represent a perforated sheet metal (R10 T15), what type of pattern do you use?

Assure me, you don't do an enlement of matter + a repetition of in an area?

1 Like

Hello

The most optimized is to use a :) texture

Otherwise if it is necessary to have the true rendering extrusion and repetition in an area of the surface and not of the function

4 Likes

Hello 

Why wouldn't you want to remove matter? 

Dimitri

3 Likes

Heyeeeeeeee, so almost!!

I do repetition in an area, but with a predefined cut

I do it when I need to see behind or to know the weight of the sheet in question

That said, it often bugs, the repetition is done well, but once the function is validated it doesn't work. I think it depends on the number of holes...

it's very heavy in reconstruction time, but I couldn't find better, since the realview appearance is not visible on an MEP

I'm interested in another option if it exists

Kind regards

Hubert

2 Likes

Hello

It depends on the room. This is what I took as an example on the net and I modified it as I needed 

spiral_welded_tube_perforated2_db.sldprt
1 Like

Hello

It all depends on the purpose. If it's just a visual rendering then do as @MAD because less gourment for the graphics card.

if it's for a plan with dimensions then 3 solutions

1-Subtraction with a repetition in the sketch

2-Subtraction  and then repetition of the function 

3- the best  subtraction  then repetition of the face   less gourment in calculus.

may the force be with you.

2 Likes

Hello

Agree with MaD, a preferable texture, if not removal of material and repetition if the surface is not too large... And for the MEP, if it's a texture in the room, personally I pretend: I add a hatched area of hexagons... It's close, but it doesn't look too bad and it helps to understand the plan.

Kind regards.

2 Likes

Thank you for your info... Here's what I tested, let me know what you think:

I created a (fairly small) area via the "separation line" function

I duplicated it (function or sketch symmetry) in the 4 corners.

In these 4 zones I applied the zone repetition described by @Hubert

For the weight, I assigned a specific material to the body (with the right density of the ep2 R10t15 perforated sheet): so I must be not too bad!!!!

The result:

3 Likes

Your piece doesn't look huge, do you think that if you had done your full rehearsal it would have really been a problem?

1 Like

2000x1500 anyway.

If I do the full function: 10 minutes of calculation!!

1 Like

See this link which talks about the subject

http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/3d/nid-d-abeille?page=2

@+

If you put the blocking bar in place, it shouldn't rebuild anymore.

Seeing your examples, I think that otherwise you can try to create a 1500*2000 perforated sheet metal model that you save as a step and then insert it as a body in your room:)

I'll try to give you an example under SW2016

Edit: well, after trying and reconstruction times of more than 400 seconds, I think that the simplest is either the texture or the partial perforation

3 Likes

Okay, maybe it's not very smart to do it all!

1 Like

Hello

@flegendre I like your solution!

2 Likes

@flegendre:

I do exactly like this for sheet metal with patterns or particular perforations to be sure to be on the same page with the suppliers.

I had tried to dig into the hatching of MEP but it never came to fruition.

1 Like

Hello Flegendre,

If it can help you, in:

Miscellaneous > Appearance > RealView Appearances > Drill Repeat Representation

You have a very untidy but sometimes useful function! It is indeed a function but it remains purely graphic. You can choose "round, square, diamond, honeycomb" holes as well as their dimensions and arrangement.

It's sometimes very practical and it doesn't consume anything in reconstruction time.

representation_de_repetition.jpg
8 Likes

Hello

I made a custom file in appearances, in which I have piercings and other motis (grains of rice,..)  

interesting Thom@s and its follows in a

1 Like

@ Mad if you look at the link I posted

See this link which talks about the subject

http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/3d/nid-d-abeille?page=2

@+

you'll see that it follows very well

and you can even see through the holes

@+ ;-)

3 Likes